Tuesday 3 August 2010

British Designer, Print For Love of Wood



  PRINT for LOVE of WOOD LETTERPRESS

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEisF6JiWk_yDs1MQUE_5dmXyO40jU7cHae9S349wh_RsiEcWrcrZgqIUInLzfuXE6GiuUcqoNKosgRsrXAaVL1poTaCR3HjSvAQkujdsSxv1FGKjezhOOPwnt2lOeSUkfCoHXts4p-2XHIl/s1600/P1010411.JPG

 Print for Love of Wood is a design & letterpress studio based in Lancashire. Her cards and prints are as eco friendly as they come. Recycled inks, paper, passion and elbow grease combine to make these charming designs.



http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4075/4745404024_5fc0b203f9.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1264/4732552423_03737f8761.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi-5172ualegkKFUnJGAN8wbY5ibOaBCzSsjAJ6i1icQl61zrnQ-T5ZAn12hw6GPziqDMDdj2OR1mfcWg8UeN5pJgt7MHBDdtydvE10D9ay5SC5vNDts5ISn1bbynVCeiA7032z4lrWhcsH/s1600/soap.jpg
[cards+selection.jpg]


Words from the artist...

"I'm a Graphic Designer working freelance from my happy home with my husband and 3 boys and if that's not enough I have gone back to uni full time to do my BA (Hons) Graphic Design in the hope of teaching part time. Two years ago I got made redundant from my design job so I bit the bullet and decided to do my degree and that's when I fell in love with letterpress and wood letters, I'm now totally addicted. I'm self taught and print on an antique Kelsey Excelsior 5x8, which I renovated myself, an Adana QFB and I've also got the use of a Farley 24a Proofing Press from my friend and mentor John a retired compositor. My collection of wood type is growing fast and I'm slowly crawling my way through the task of cleaning and photographing my collection which you can see in my Flickr pics.
I LOVE TREES, TYPOGRAPHY & LOVE TO PRINT!
I only used recycled stock so all my paper and card is carefully sourced and most of my inks are recycled from printers closing down. All the presses are hand operated so the only energy used is an eco friendly lightbulb and some muscle power! My studio is my dining room but it is my dream when I've finished my degree that I can finally get a bigger space where I can make as much mess as I want :)
If you would like to see my experiments in Letterpress or interested in what, where and how in the UK then come say hello at my blog LETTERPRESS IN THE UK"



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the feature, now got so much wood type I've given up cleaning it and just print with it :)

    ReplyDelete